Improve Suitability for Use in Harsh Industrial Conditions
A significant upgrade to our MTi 10-series, MTi 100-series and MTi-G-710 products improves device performance and robustness. While the MTi series already sets the industry standard for MEMS-based motion sensors, the new operational characteristics meet the increasingly rigid requirements of the automotive, drone, and mobile mapping industries.
We have improved performance in several key areas:
Overall Performance Improvements
- Higher accelerometer resolution
- Up to 50% reduction in accelerometer noise
- Up to 75% increase in bias stability for accelerometers
- 60% reduction in magnetometer noise
- 50% reduction in barometer noise
- Better sensor specifications for accelerometers and magnetometer improve In-Run Compass Calibration (ICC) and Magnetic Field Mapping (MFM) performance
Reliability in harsh environments is crucial for most Attitude and Heading Reference Systems (AHRS), Vertical Reference Unit (VRU), and Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) applications. The MTi series of sensors is now more robust than ever, with two significant improvements:
- 50% increase in Mean Time to Failure (MTBF)
- The higher accelerometer range of 20g, together with the vibration rejection gyroscopes, now provides the best possible combination against harsh industrial conditions
New Fully-Guided Installation Process
The slim, beautifully-designed box is the key to your first Xsens experience. As soon as you unpack your new device, you can download the application software for Linux or Windows and begin development. The Quick Start Guide provides easy step-by-step instructions for hardware and software installation, and setup of your device. Helpful screenshots guide you through the process from beginning to end. The new MTi 10-series and MTi 100-series will be showcased at the Commercial UAV Show on 15-16 November, London. You can find us at booth G23.
You can read more on the upgrade here