MVN Studio Legacy Download
Here you can download the latest version of MVN Studio for Xsens legacy MVN2 products:
|Download MVN Studio 3.5.3
Release date: January 17, 2014
A valid license key is needed to run MVN Studio.
MVN Studio – Older Version
Version details: MVN Studio (Pro) 3.5.1
MVN Awinda and MVN BIOMECH Awinda with wireless trackers is supported.
Video Reference: Using VLC encoders the video reference data quality has greatly improved.
Movie export has been added meaning that the 3D viewport can be exported to file formats .AVI and .M4U.
Play and loop selection. It is now possible to play and replay a specific part of MVN data.
A new plugin for Unity 3D, which allows the animation of models using live MVN Studio data.
FBX has a new mode which will export data with a reference skeleton. This makes the importing of MVN data into software programs like MotionBuilder, Maya, Houdini and Unity much more straightforward.
Since multiple calibration steps appears to cause poor data quality, it is now only possible to do one basic (N or T) pose, unless specifically activated by the user (not recommended).
Advanced calibration steps (squat and hand touch) have been move to expert calibration – should only be used following advice from Xsens support.
Version details: MVN Studio 3.4.1
Bug Fix Release
Fixed MVN Easy Sync in installer
Double clicking .MNV file will open MVN Studio
Fixed functionality of trimming MVN files
Other minor bug fixes
Version details: MVN Studio 3.4
MVN Easy Sync:
MVN Studio PRO has been modified to allow easy synchronisation with third party devices, by means of the Awinda Station.
Start and stop recordings, using TTL 0-3.3V via the intuitive user interface.
MVN Tecnomatix Plugin:
MVN Studio PRO data can now be directly streamed to Siemens Jack (7.1) and Siemens Process Simulate Human (10.1)
NEW! – MVN Maya Live Plug-in 1.0:
MVN Maya Live Plug-in for Maya 2013
MVN MotionBuilder Live Plug-in 5.0
MVN MotionBuilder Live Plug-in now supports both MotionBuilder 2012 and 2013
Version details: MVN Studio 3.3
Improved Spine Model:
An improved spine model has been implemented to track the spine more precisely. This improvement especially makes a difference in motions when the spine is bent.
Improved Motion Capture Performance:
The motion capture performance has become more consistent since all Fusion Engine filters have been validated.
Now you can define the direction of the x-axis by performing a ‘NosePointInit’. This allows you to align motions to the X-axis.
MVN SDK 3.3:
The MVN SDK features all the functions available in MVN Studio 3.3. More code examples have been added to make it even easier to integrate the MVN technology into your own application. Access to joint angles has also been added.
A hardware license dongle is available for MVN Studio and plug-ins. This allows you easily switch licenses between computers.
Version details: MVN Studio 3.1.5
- Some of our clients have seen an effect we started calling ‘soft stepping’ it looked like the actor was walking on ‘crunchy snow’. This effect has been removed by changing our contact detection model in our fusion engine.
- Some minor bug fixes
The ‘NosePointInit’ calibration step is more robust, the outcome is now constant.
Real-time performance is now very similar to the processed result.
MotionBuilder plug-in 2012:
This release supports Autodesk MotionBuilder 2012.
– MotionBuilder 2012 (win32)
– MotionBuilder 2012 (x64)
– MotionBuilder 2011 (win32)
– MotionBuilder 2011 (x64)
Version details: MVN Studio 3.1
- Updated license model
- Magnetic field mapper (MagField Mapper) has been added
- Supports MVN MotionGrid software module (Pro)
- Improved graph zooming (Pro)
- Smoother reference video data (Pro)
Version details: MVN Studio 3.0
- KiC, a filter making MVN immune from magnetic distortions present in the floor
- Restyled GUI using the Qt programming environment, including orthogonal views
- Center of Mass calculation can be displayed in 3D viewport
Version details: MVN Studio PRO 3.0
- All MVN Studio 3.0 functionality
- 3D Kinematic Graphs
- Reference Camera, for recording and playback of synchronized video
- Extended MVNX file format now includes sensor data, center of mass, and joint angles
- Graphical display of joint axis coordinates
- C3D export
Version details: MVN Studio 2.6
- Multiple actor streaming:
Real time streaming of multiple actors to third party applications, such as MotionBuilder
Laxity solver for more robust performance on the exporters i.e. .BVH, .FBX
- Save and load calibrations
New Time code and Remote control plug-in:
Plug-in accepting external time code source and ability to remote control MVN Studio
Improved Motionbuilder Plugin:
Supports multiple actor streaming
Version details: Moven Studio 2.5
- Support for sternum sensor, improves tracking of spine and shoulders
- Prop sensor interface
- Improved earth magnetic field immunity
- Multi-person capturing on one PC
- Added MVNX export to the batch exporter
- Imperial units input
- Improved contact-point editing interface
- Live data-stream to multiple network addresses
Improved Motionbuilder Plugin:
One click setup
Improved data transfer; Higher output quality
Automatic character scaling
Support for MotionBuilder 2009
Moven Fusion Engine handles 3D position aiding input in real-time
Version details: Moven Studio 2.1
Better feedback quality (now four levels)
More accurate feedback on magnetic disturbance during calibration (color codes).
Improved contact point detection; more natural jumping and running movements (less ‘sticking to the ground’ and improved ‘landings’)
Improved ankle, toe and spine kinematics
Pose reset; brings character back to origin
Edit and export functions:
Edit two contact point segments simultaneously
128-step undo-redo system
Copy part of an MVN file and create a new MVN file
Batch export of complete file folders.
Xsens invites you to become a tester of pre-release versions of MVN Studio.
This in-development version of MVN Studio may be unstable and contain bugs. Your valuable feedback will help us to create the best MVN Studio software possible. Before you start using the software, please be aware that:
- Xsens is not responsible for loss or damage of the data pertaining to usage of the Beta Release.
- As the Beta versions have not been officially released by Xsens, they may contain errors or inaccuracies and may result in data loss or cause system reliability issues. If such a problem arises, you may need to use the latest stable release to resume normal operations.
- Users acknowledge and agree that Xsens offers software “as is” without warranty of any kind. Xsens shall have no obligation to maintain, correct, update, change, modify or otherwise support the software in beta testing.
By downloading and/or using beta software from Xsens, you are considered to have read this Beta disclaimer and agreed to its terms.