Embedded Software Engineer
Xsens is the leading innovator in 3D motion tracking technology and products. Its sensor fusion technologies enable a seamless interaction between the physical and the digital world in applications such as industrial control and stabilization, health, sports and 3D character animation. Clients and partners include Electronic Arts, NBC Universal, Daimler, Autodesk, ABB, Siemens and various other leading institutes and companies throughout the world.
Xsens has offices in Enschede, the Netherlands and Los Angeles, California.
To expand our activities we are currently seeking for an
Embedded Software Engineer
Enschede, The Netherlands
Your are an experienced C++ and C software engineer for development of embedded software and firmware. You will be working together with an Agile/Scrum team on developing new products and improving existing products. We deliver robust devices with best-in-class performance. The focus is always on quality to give our customers a smooth user experience.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will develop firmware for our Motion Trackers and related interfacing and communication peripherals. You aid in the development of our PC and mobile APIs making device functionality accessible to the end user. For all your work you provide unit tests and clear documentation. Together with product management you help translate their product requirements into workable solutions and give estimates on the implementation effort. You assist in the hardware design process ensuring the hardware functionality can be accessed by the firmware in a practical and efficient manner.
- At least a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field, Master’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years of work experience as an Embedded Software Engineer
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and C
- Knowledge of ARM Cortex-M and Cortex-A architectures
- Capable of reading hardware schematics especially w.r.t. digital electronics
- Good understanding of hardware protocols like I2C, SPI, UART, USB, and CAN
- Familiarity with wireless protocols like Bluetooth, 802.11, 802.15.4
- Experience doing embedded development using tools like GCC, IAR Embedded Workbench or Keil µVision
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio is a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
How to apply:
Please send your Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].
Xsens offers a position in an innovative, ambitious and international company. Our team can be characterized as spontaneous and driven, with a passion for technology and a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development.
Xsens in Enschede is close to the University of Twente, part of a high-tech hub in Europe.